Detailed information for Coaches can be found under both the Spring and Fall program pages when you then access the Coaches link. Following is a summary of the responsibilities for all coaches, regardless of the season of play. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
COACHES RESPONSIBILITIES (HEAD & ASSISTANT COACH)
• Instruct the children on your team – and in our league – the game of soccer in a fun, supportive, safe and positive environment that stresses good sportsmanship, with fun and a role for all.
• Complete the mandated Background check.
• Attend the major coaches and league meetings (pre-season coaches meeting, orientation session for first time coaches, and award cermonies if applicable.)
• Run practices (we recommend 10 pre-season practices for the fall and a minimum of 1 practice a week for 6 weeks during the season for all levels except Tykes and Seniors. Tykes should meet once or twice pre-season but no pre-season practices are allowed, Seniors may need less practices)
• Select and attend one of the coaches training sessions provided by the league
• Run games
• Be responsive to the league communication (via Referees, Referee Field Coordinators, Division Coordinators, etc.)
• Provide feedback and player ratings at end of the season
• Maintain a positive environment for you team and others in the league!
- Sample Team Welcome Letter
- Sample Team Welcome Letter (Tykes)
- Dealing WIth Lopsided Games
- US Soccer Skills School Manual
- Us Soccer Vision Statement
- Footwork Clinic Handout
- Juggling Handout
- Tykes Lesson Plans
- Concussions in Youth Sports Fact Sheet
- Coaches Heat Stress Guidelines
- Offsides Explained Clip 1.
- Offsides Explained Clip 2.
- US CLUB SOCCER – BACKGROUND CHECKS
- PRACTICE FIELD MAPS
- Training Session (New)